High Pressure Contrast Media Injectors Industry Overview
The global high pressure contrast media injectors market size is expected to reach USD 362.8 million by 2028, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 12.1% from 2021 to 2028. The market is primarily driven by the factors such as the increasing number of target diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, neurovascular, and cancer also the rising demand for minimally invasive surgical procedures is a major factor expected to boost the market during the forecast period.
High Pressure Contrast Media Injectors Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global high pressure contrast media injector market based on product, type, application, end-use, and region:
Based on the Product Insights, the market is segmented into Injector Systems, Consumables.
- The consumable segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 61.3% in 2020. The segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 11.7% during the forecast period. The rapid growth of this segment can be attributed to the factors such as high usage of disposable devices owing to the high safety, as well as features like user-friendliness, high efficiency, and less contrast media wastage.
- The consumable segment is further segmented into syringes, tubings, and others. These consumables need to be re-purchased for every new procedure as opposed to instruments. The other consumables held the largest market share in 2020 whereas the syringe segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate.
- The injector system segment is anticipated to witness the fastest growth rate over the forecast period, attributed to the rising product demand as the injector system can be used in multiple patients.
Based on the Type Insights, the market is segmented into Single head, Dual head, Syringeless.
- The single head segment dominated the market and accounted for the largest revenue share of 44.6% in 2020. As angiography, CT, and MRI are the most common applications.
- The dual head injector segment is expected to witness significant CAGR in the market over the forecast period. This can be attributed to the advantages including faster operations and controlled delivery. Newer contrast-injection systems integrate enhancements to manage injector protocol data, improve patient safety, and workflow efficiency.
Based on the Application Insights, the market is segmented into Interventional cardiology, Interventional radiology, Endovascular surgery, Interventional neuroradiology.
- The interventional cardiology segment dominated the market for high pressure contrast media injectors and accounted for the largest revenue share of 35.5% in 2020. The segment is expected to witness a CAGR of 11.8% during the forecast period.
- A steep rise in the prevalence of cardiovascular problems has led to a higher demand for interventional cardiac surgery for diagnosis and treatment. As a result, over the forecast period, increased demand for novel products with high accuracy and efficiency is expected to fuel market growth.
- The interventional radiology segment is projected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period as it is primarily used to diagnose a variety of disorders, including cardiovascular diseases, cancer, broken bones, gastrointestinal problems, and blood clots.
Based on the End-use Insights, the market is segmented into Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Ambulatory Surgical Centres.
- The hospitals segment dominated the market and held the largest revenue share of 60.8% in 2020. The segment is expected to grow at the fastest rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the number of hospitalization of patients with cancer, neurological problems, and cardiovascular diseases.
- Hospitals are the primary users of high pressure contrast media injectors because of their vast range of uses in radiology, interventional radiology, and interventional cardiology.
- The diagnostic centers segment is also expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. The increased knowledge of chronic diseases such as cancer, neurological diseases, and neurodegenerative disorders is the key driver of the segment.
- Growing awareness among people is leading to an increase in demand for CT and MRI treatments, which are used to diagnose, plan therapy, and prevent chronic illnesses. These diagnostic centers provide a comprehensive range of diagnostic and preventative health services. Because most hospitals lack the necessary space for specialized imaging equipment rooms, these diagnostic centers are advantageous.
High Pressure Contrast Media Injectors Regional Outlook
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
Key Companies Profile & Market Share Insights
The market is highly competitive. Some of the key strategic initiatives undertaken by market players include new product development, mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations.
Some prominent players in the global high pressure contrast media injectors market include
- Bracco Group
- Guerbet Group
- Medtron AG
- Bayer HealthCare LLC
- ulrich GmbH & Co. KG
- NemotoKyorindo Co., Ltd.
- GE Healthcare
- Sino Medical-Device Technology Co.
- Apollo RT Co. Ltd.
- VIVID IMAGING
Order a free sample PDF of the High Pressure Contrast Media Injectors Market Intelligence Study, published by Grand View Research.
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research Helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519